To Visit Duong Lam Village is to experience the very essence of Vietnamese Culture and History - The home village of 2 Heroic Kings: Phùng Hưng (761-802) and Ngô Quyền (897 - 944) you will visit family houses over 400 years old! After the recognition of Hoi An ancient town, Hanoi Old Quarter, Duong Lam village in Son Tay Town (some 60km to the west of Hanoi Capital) is the first ancient village recognized as a national relic by the Ministry of Culture and Information.
- Khai Nguyen Pagoda: In the past, it was called `` Co Lieu Tu ''. It is often called Cheo Pagoda in the place of Hamlet Sau Khoang Sau - Son Dong Commune, close to the historic site of Mang Son Temple. The temple dates back to the first half of the 16th century. Over the period of rain and sunshine, the pagoda has been restored and embellished by the people, Buddhists, and it shows the oldest historical relics of the temple are two stone steles: one is carved in the year of Canh. Hung is nineteenth (1759); one was sculpted in the fourteenth Gia Long year (1816) and the bronze bell was cast in the twenty-second Tu Duc year (1870).
- Son Tay Ancient Citadel- Ha Noi: About 45 km from ha noi Vietnam city center, Son Tay ancient citadel is located in Thuan Nghe village and Mai Trai village, Son Tay town. With the unique architecture and was built of laterite second-to-none of Vietnam. Son Tay ancient citadel was built by Minh Mang king and was one of the important military bases to protect the Thang Long citadel.
- Duong Lam village: a purely agricultural village of the Northern Red River delta where still preserve many hundred-year-old houses. Upon arrival, bike along tiny ancient alleys to visit Mong Phu temple in Mong Phu hamlet - the only hamlet whose original village entrance gate remains intact, dedicated to national heroes. Continue riding around the village to discover the daily life and farming work of Vietnamese peasants along the terrace with a stop at two ancient houses: the biggest ancient house was built 200 years ago and the most ancient house back 400 years ago. Visit Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple, places dedicated to two national heroes Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung. Again biking to visit Mia Pagoda (another hamlet in Duong Lam village), built in the 15th century, and admire 287 statues of all sizes, among with are famous sculptures such as the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities. Drive back to Hanoi. Tour finishes at 5:00 pm at your hotel!
- Mia Pagoda :(another hamlet in Duong Lam village), is built in the 15th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes, among with are famous sculpture such as the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities. Then visit Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple, places dedicated to two national heroes Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung. Driving back to Hanoi.
Pricing & Inclusives
- Private Tour
- Full transfers by A/C tourist car & 0.5l bottle water per person/day
- Free pick up and see off in Hanoi Old Quarter Area
- Entrance fee
- Set Menu Lunch
- English speaking guide
- Travel insurance
- Personal Expense, Tips & Gratuities.
- What not mentioned clearly
- Free of charge for infant (below 5-year-old), other expense pay by parents
- 75% rate of adult for children from 5-8 year old
- 100% adult ticket for children over 8-year-old
- Two adults bring 2 children, The 2nd child will be charged 100% adult ticket
- Quote price in USD/ per pax applied for group of 2 up.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels, and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Surcharge 10usd/pax if travel date falls on Lunar New Year (according to Lunar Calendar)