Ha Giang - Cao Bang - Bac Kan
Book this tour
- See the Karst plateau with the most spectacular scenery of Vietnam
- Watch the majestic Ma Pi Leng pass and the deepest alley in Vietnam
- Discovering the cultural of H'Mong, Dzao, Lo Lo and Tay ethnic people...
- Visit Lung Cu flagpole, the northernmost point of the country
- Visit Ban Gioc Waterfall, the fourth largest waterfall in the world that falls between the two countries
- Visit Pac Bo with not only a historical site but also a great scenery
- Visit Ba Be Lake, one of the 100 largest natural freshwater lakes in the world
- Discover unique local cuisines
DAY 1: HÀ NỘI - HÀ GIANG - QUẢN BẠ - YÊN MINH ( - / L / D )
06.00: Start at Hanoi Old Quarter and Hanoi Opera House, get into our car, off to Hà Giang! Breakfast will take place off when you get into the expressway.
11.00: You will stop by and have lunch at Tân Yên Town (Hàm Yên, Tuyên Quang Province). After having lunch, you continue your trip beside Lô River.
15.00: At that time, you will reach the downtown of Hà Giang, and it is the time for you to take some pictures at “0th km” of Hà Giang.
16.30: Next step is Quản Bạ Sky Gate. Enjoy your time here seeing the beauty of Cô Tiên Mountain and all Tam Sơn Town from the higher place. Don’t forget to take pictures when you are at such a wonderful place like that. On the way to Yên Minh, you will have the chance to get a good look at the must-see Bucket Flower Fields and photograph them (the best time to see those Fields is between September and December).
18.30: Reach Yên Minh, check in to the hotel and have dinner there. You are going to spend your night at Yên Minh.
DAY 2: YÊN MINH - ĐỒNG VĂN - MÈO VẠC - BẢO LẠC ( B / L / D )
06.30: Check out from the hotel, have breakfast and go sightseeing in Đồng Văn Karst Plateau Geopark. During the visit, you will stop by Phố Cáo watching the unique house of H’Mông people, with the rock fence bounding it (you can also take pictures with Peach Blossoms and Plum Blossoms at Tết, and visit Phố Cáo Market on Day of the Dog and Day of the Dragon).
08.30: Continue onward to Sủng Là, visit H’Mông’s Ancient house - the place where the film “Story of Pao” is produced at 2006. This is a film of director Ngô Quang Hải, which is transferred from the short story “Tiếng đàn môi sau bờ rào đá” of the writer Đỗ Bích Thủy which received 4 Golden Kite Prizes. After this experience, you will have some time to relax at Buckwheat Flower Fields near “Dốc chín khoanh”.
09.30: Your trip will continue with a visit to the Vương family mansion lying inside a valley of Sà Phìn. This is the wealthiest and most powerful family of Đồng Văn in the early of 20th century.
11.00: Visit Lũng Cú Flag Pole - the northernmost place of Vietnam.
12.30: Lunch will take place at Đồng Văn town.
14.00: Take your time at Đồng Văn Ancient Town, a place that lives with time nearly one century. And you can enjoy a coffee break at “Café phố Cổ” shop - a very famous coffee shop there (self payment).
15.00: Get into our car again and then travel through Mã Pì Lèng Pass on the way to Mèo Vạc. This is the most beautiful path of the “Happy Way”.
16.00: Come to Mã Pì Lèng Canyon (800m depth) - the deepest canyon in Vietnam and indulge in the terrific view there. Then you come back to Yên Minh. During coming back time, you can again visit and photograph with Buckwheat Flower under Mã Pì Lèng Pass.
18.30: Arrival in Bảo Lạc to have dinner and stay overnight there.
DAY 3: BẢO LẠC - BẢN GIỐC WATERFALL - TIGER CAVE - CAO BẰNG ( B / L / D )
06.00: Check out hostel and have breakfast.
06.30: Get into the car, off to Cao Bằng. Have chance to see the Mã Phục Pass.
11.30: Lunch break at Quảng Uyên town.
13.30: Visit Bản Giốc Waterfall, with 53m height, dividing into 3 levels. This is one of the most beautiful waterfalls of Việt Nam and it also is the forth biggest waterfall in top 10 greatest waterfalls lying between 2 countries in the world.
15.00: Continue with visiting Ngườm Ngao Cave, one of the greatest caves in northern Vietnam.
17.30: Enter Phúc Sen Knife Village, which is famous for making knife tradition.
18.30: Arrive Cao Bằng, check in hotel, take a rest and then have dinner. After dinner, you are freely to do anything.
DAY 4: CAO BẰNG - PÁC BÓ - PÁC NGÒI VILLAGE ( B / L / D )
06.30: Check out hotel and have breakfast.
07.00: Get into the car and go to Pác Bó.
08.00: Enter Pác Bó historic monument (50km away from Cao Bằng). Have a view at the place where Hồ Chí Minh lived and led Vietnam’s revolution from 1941 to 1945. We will have time to take pictures at Lenin Spring, Karl Marx Moutain and visit Cốc Bó Cave.
09.30: Get into the car and go to Ba Bể. Have chance to see the Tài Hồ Sìn Pass, Cao Bắc Pass and Wind Pass....
12.00: Have dinner at the restaurant on the top of Wind Pass.
15.30: Arrival in Pác Ngòi village. Check in homestay for bathing and relaxing. Enjoy a cup of coffee at the end of the afternoon. View the scense of Ba Bể lake.
18.00: Have dinner. See the Tay traditional music performance.
DAY 5: BA BỂ LAKE - HÀ NỘI ( B / L / - )
07.00: Have breakfast and check out homestay.
08.00: Follow our tour guide to Pác Ngòi boat station. Get into the boat, go sightseeing around Ba Bể Lake, take pictures with a lot of beautiful sceneries and stop by some places below:
- Tiên Pond: Tiên Pond area is over 3,000 m2, surrounded by limestone mountain and old-growth forest. Visit Tiên Pond, tourists also have chance to look at footprints on rocks, hear the myth about the hunter and seven angels.
- An Mạ Temple: According to legend, in Lê - Mạc war, Mạc generals lost the fight. They ran to Puông Cave and ended their lives there to protect their loyalty and pride. To eulogize Mạc generals’ spirit, people built a temple to worship Mạc family. Worried that Lê soldiers would destroy this temple, they changed its name to An Mạ. The word “An Mạ” means “peaceful and beautiful grave” in Tày people’s language.
- Bà Góa Island: Bà Góa Island is a beautiful small island lies in the middle of Ba Bể Lake. Boat will stop by this island. Tourists can have time to immerge in deep and cool water (about 30 minutes).
12:00: Have lunch at Chợ Rã town
18.00: Arrival in Hanoi. End of tour. Goodbye and See you again.
Pricing & Inclusives
- A/C transport by 16seat modern car
- 02 nights in 2-star, 01 night in standard hotel, 01 night in homestay. 02 persons in a room. In case there are an odd number of tourists, there will be a room having 03 persons if accepted. If not, an additional fee of 50% price of a hotel room will be charged
- Meals (4 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners)
- Entrance ticket fee
- English speaking tour guide
- 1 bottle of water is served everyday during the time traveling by car
- VAT invoice, travel insurance
- Additional fee if there is any change in ticket prices
- Beverages for meals and other personal expense.
- Tips for driver and tour guide, at least $5/person per day
Price Policy for Children
- Free for children with ages from 1 to 3 (their parents must pay for all their other expense and 1 to 3 year-old children do not have their own seats in the car)
- 4 to 8 year-old children will be charged 75% of the tour fee (they will have their own seats in our car and their own meals, but they have to share the hotel room with their parents)
- From 09-year-old children are considered as adults
Required Additional Fees
- Single hotel room rental (if required or you go alone): $35/person/04nights
- Foreigner will be charged $20 for the permission from border police.
- You have to bring your Passport
- You should bring any type of medicine for preventing insects and common diseases; bring your toothbrush, toothpaste and towel (if necessary)
- Tour guide can re-arrange the schedule, but all places stay the same
- If you are a vegetarian, please bring along your suitable food
- Do not bring a too big suitcase with you
(*) Customer responsibilities:
- Customers are responsible by yourseves for your illness and chronic diseases (cardiovascular disease, blood pressure, diabetes, osteoarthritis ...), congenital diseases, latent diseases, HIV AIDS, mental and neurological disorders , pregnant women ... are diseases that are not covered by the insurance. When necessary, you must write your own commitment to your health when participating in the tour. The tour organizer is not responsible for the cases you do not report the illness, untruthful declaration as well as cases outside the coverage of travel in the tour.
- Customers must preserve their property in all circumstances and at all locations during the trip. The tour organizer is not responsible for any lost money, identification, airline tickets, personal belongings and other property of the customer during the trip.
- Buckwheat Flowers bloom from September to December every year
- Peach Flowers and Prunus Salicina Flowers appear at before and after Tet holiday
- Market(s) on Sunday morning: Quản Bạ market, Yên Minh market, Đồng Văn and Mèo Vạc market
- Market(s) on Saturday morning: Quyết Tiến market
- Market(s) on Day of the Snake and Day of the Pig: Sà Phìn market
- Market(s) on Day of the Tiger and Day of the Monkey: Lũng Phìn market
- Market(s) on Day of the Dog and Day of the Dragon: Phố Cáo market