Recommended by Lonely Planet, Bac Ha Market is held every Sunday and is the biggest minority peoples market in Northwest Vietnam. Alive with the bright colours and extravagant costumes of the local people, here you will meet Flower Hmong (Red Hmong), Black Dao, Tay, Nung, La Chi, Phu La and other minority groups who come from far and wide to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and livestock, to exchange news and to renew friendships. In the past, the market was a center for trading horses but now that motorbikes have replaced them it is more common to see buffalo, cows, goats, fish and other livestock being traded. The market opens at around 7.30am and closes mid-afternoon, so an early start is advisable. A typical private tour itinerary for a day at Bac Ha would include:
- 20:30 - 20:45 pick up from your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter to Hanoi Railway Station for the night train at 22:00 PM to Lao Cai Station. Sleep on the train.
- 06:30 Our driver pick you up at Lao Cai Station, transfer to hotel for breakfast
- 09:00 Walking around 5 km to visit Cat Cat village, the home of Black Hmong Stop at the waterfall and this is a chance to see the hydroelectric power station built by the French. After 2.5 hours of trekking. You will come back to Sapa Town for Lunch at Local restaurant. Check-in, free at leisure
- Afternoon, free time for Visiting Sapa Market, the Church in the center.
- 18:30 Dinner at the restaurant and stay overnight at hotel in Sapa town
- 07:15 Check out hotel, Depart to Bacha Market, Arrive after 2,5 hours ..Free time for visiting one of the most colorful markets in the world This big market in northwest Vietnam filled with many different hill-tribe peoples such as Flower H’ mong, Dzay, Tay .. people. At the market, you have chance to enjoy BacHa peoples simple but unique kinds of food with special wines made from rice, cassavas, corn and different sorts of fruits such as plumps, apples, peaches... talking to the minorities through the guide's interpretation.
- 14:00 After lunch Leave the market for visiting the Hmong Kings house (King Hoang A Tuong) built by the French colonists and the Chinese in 1920, short walking to see Ban Pho village where is the homeland of flower Hmong. Say goodbye to BacHa and get back to Lao Cai Station. On the way back, drop in to see the Vietnamese and Chinese Harbor Mouth in Lao Cai.
- 17:00 Transfer to Station for overnight train back Hanoi. Arrive at 5:00 AM.
Finish Sapa - Bac Ha Market 3 Nights 2 Days.
- Pick up at hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter area (Hoan Kiem district)
- Train ticket Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi (Sharing A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin)
- A/C tourist car during Group Tour in Lao Cai - Sapa - Lao Cai
- Accommodation (twin sharing or triple)
- Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Single supplement
- International & domestic flight ticket
- Visa arrangement
- Drinks travel insurance, other meals
- Tips & personal expenses.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing a bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-9 years) sharing a bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate
- A couple travels with 2chidrend. The 2nd Child will be charged 100% adults ticket
- Quote price is applied for the booking of a group of 2 up
- The quoted price is NOT applied for the tour departs on: Christmas Day (24-26 Dec), Eva New Year (31 Dec, 1 Jan), Lunar New
- Year, Liberty Day (30 Apr), Labor Day (1 May), Independence Day (2 Sep)
- Surcharge US$30/pax for those booking departs on Holiday as mentioned above
- All rates are in US$ per person.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels, and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Hotels stipulated: check-in time at 14:00 and check-out time at 12:00
- Tourists should bring a jacket enough warm to avoid cold because the weather in sapa often have low temperatures at night and
- winter, you should use sneakers to facilitate throughout tour itinerary.