MANGROVE FOREST - MONKEY ISLAND
Book this tour:
Highlights: Enjoy the ecological trip with exploring the journey in the forest by canoe and get a funny moment with monkeys in “Monkey United”.
The mangroves forest in Can Gio possesses a high biodiversity with more than 200 species of fauna and 52 species of flora. The effects of the recent wars on these ecosystems have been devastating and large efforts have been made by local people to rehabilitate the mangroves. Today, it has become one of the most extensive sites of rehabilitated mangroves in the world. Can Gio is a swampy island where the Saigon River meets the sea. This ecological tour takes you away from the bustle and hustle of Saigon for a unique natural environment.
- 08:10 am departure (length of tour: 7-9 hours)
- 8:00 am - Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to our boat at our pier.
- 8:15 am - Your boat will depart Saigon for the lush, green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast of pastries or sandwiches, tropical fruit, and Vietnamese white/black coffee is served.
- 8:45 am - Visit Can Giuoc Market, a bustling local riverside market at the gateway to the Mekong Delta. Great photo opportunities!
- 9:45 am - At around this time, the surrounding landscape will begin to change from lush riverside water palms to dusky mangrove swamps as you move from the Delta towards Can Gio Forest.
- 10:00 am - Arrive at the Giant Bat Lagoon and explore gently by rowing boat, before trekking through the mangrove jungle.
- 12:00 pm - Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch at a private riverside location, including the Mekong Delta specialty, Elephant Ear Fish.
- 01:00 pm - Arrive in Vam Sat Eco Park, where you will visit a crocodile reserve (and feed them if you wish!) and see a monkey in their natural habitat, as well as enjoy crab fishing and bird-watching for exotic local and migratory species. You can also enjoy another mangrove jungle walk.
- 03:00 pm - Depart Can Gio’s mangrove jungles for Saigon.
- 04:15 pm - Arrive back on our pier. Les Rives’ staff will take you back to your hotel by car.
Group Tour Price
|Superior||Small Group Tour||120|
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off in District 1 by bus
- English Speaking Tour guide,
- Entrance fee,
- Vietnamese set menu lunch,
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses.
- Free of charge for children under 5 years sharing a bed with parents.