Mai Chau is located in Hoa Binh province, approximately 135 km from Hanoi. From the top of Cun Mountain, one can admire the superb panorama view of Mai Chau surrounded by a green valley and stilt houses. Many minorities, including the Thai Ethnic group, live in Mai Chau valley.
Day 1: Hanoi to Mai Chau, cycling (L, D)
- 08h00: Pick up from your hotel and head west towards Hoa Binh to have refreshment
- 10h00: Leave Hoa Binh for Mai Chau Valley, about 2hrs away, stop for snapping pictures.
- 12h00: Arrive in Mai Chau and have lunch in a family house in the local village.
- 14h00: Bicycle around the surrounding villages of White Thai Ethnic people. Learn more about their lives and cultures as your guide can help answer any questions.
- 18h00: Dinner with the family, get a closer look into their real life. Drink "Ruou can" (traditional alcohol) with your new family.
Sleep in the village, in the stilt house, the most interesting part of the trip. Stilt houses are unique to Mai Chau and you cannot find this experience in another tour.
- You can sleep in the large communal room or you can order a private room.
Day 2: Mai Chau - Puluong by motorbike (B, L, D)
- 7:30 – 8: 00: Wake up and eat breakfast
- 8:30 – 10: 30: Drive/ride motorbikes 35km to Pu Luong Nature Reserve(motorbike drivers available).
- 10:30 – 12: 30: Trekking in Pu Luong Nature Reserve to explore a stunning cave.
- 13:00 – 15: 00: Enjoy Lunch in the village and enjoy the riding back to Mai Chau by taking another road through the beautiful rural villages.
- 15: 30: Arrive in Mai Chau enjoy your free time with your motorbike to explore the Valley yourself.
- 18: 00: Dinner and over-night in Mai Chau Green Valley
Day 3: Mai Chau trekking to the removed village - Hanoi (B, L)
- 7:30-8: 00: Wake up and eat breakfast
- 8: 00: Go with a local tour guide to visit more remote rural villages Na Meo, Na Mo and Xam Pa villages to understand more about their culture and customs.
- 12: 00: Back to the homestay for lunch and check-out
- 13:00 – 15: 00: Free time for shopping and relaxing
- 15:00 – 15: 30: Say goodbye to the family to get on the bus to drive back to Hanoi
- 18:30 – 19: 00: Arrive in Hanoi Old Quater. Drop you off at your hotel. End of tour.
- All rates are in US$ per person.
Pricing & Inclusives
|Large Communal Room||Dorm||120|
|Private Room||Garden Bungalow with Fan||160|
|Private Bungalow||Garden Bungalow with AC||165|
- AC Shuttle bus pick up and see off in Hanoi Old Quarter
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Entrance ticket in the village
- Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner (BBQ dinner party)
- Bicycle, motorbike, boat trip
- Dancing show & Local Wine (Ruou Can)
- Home-stay in Lac village
- Drinks on meals
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses.
- What not mentioned clearly
- Free of charge for infant (below 5-year-old), other expense pay by parents
- 75% rate of adult for children from 5-8 year old
- 100% adult ticket for children over 8-year-old
- Two adults bring 2 children, The 2nd child will be charged 100% adult ticket
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels, and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- You should take long sleeve clothes, hat, trekking shoes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and a flashlight.
- Surcharge 10usd/pax if travel date falls on Lunar New Year (30 Dec, 1 - 3 Jan according to Lunar Calendar)