Vietnam’s Demilitarized Zone, or DMZ, is the area around the former border between North and South Vietnam. Historically it was a narrow band of terrain extending from the Laos border to the coast, five km on either side of the Ben Hai River, roughly on the 17th parallel north latitude.
The area saw heavy fighting in the war, and ruins of old American military bases still exist. Even if you’re not interested in history, the area has some spectacular mountain scenery and rugged jungles.
While the actual border was marked by the Ben Hai river, most historical sights (i.e., American bases) are along Highway 9, which runs parallel to the river several km to the south. This road runs to the Lao border and continues onward.
- AM at 6h30 Tour guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in Hue city and drive to Dong Ha Town, then continue to drive on national route No 9 to visit Dac-krong Bridge, Rock Pile, Khe Sanh Combat Base, ethnic minority villages, The Ho Chi Minh Trails, then return to Dong Ha town for lunch.
- PM: Highway No.1 visit Hien Luong Bridge, Ben Hai river, the 17th parallel, Doc Mieu and Vinh Moc tunnels. Tour end in Hue about 18:30.
Pricing & Inclusives
|Superior Tour||Private Tour||537|
- A/C tourist bus,
- English speaking guide,
- Entrance fees.
- Drinks, other meals, tips
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing a bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-8 years) sharing a bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate.
- Quote price in USD per pax. Group tour price applied if you book for 2 pax up
- If you book a tour just a day before departure date, plz call us 02439262328 or WhatsApp us for detail before deciding to book
- All rates are in US$ per person
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels, and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Kindly contact before making a reservation on Tet Holiday, Eva New year , Apr 30, May 1, Sep.