Routine: My Tho - Can Tho - Chau Doc - Phnom Penh
Day 1: Saigon - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho (L)
08:00 - 08:30 AM Pick up at your hotel & start to Mekong delta tour.
9:30am - 10.00am, arrive in My Tho. Board a wooden motor boat (20 minutes) to Unicorn Island. On this boat along the river’s bank, you’ll be passing through natural creeks, interesting fisherman's port, stilt houses (half on land, half on water).
From there, we’ll take you to a bee farm where you have a chance to taste a tasteful cup of authentic honey tea. After that we walk around quiet villages and watch the life of rural people in Mekong Delta. We are divided into many groups and get on small row boats. During this 15 minutes trip, you’ll witness all kind of interesting transportation modes that local people use to move around.
You'll cruise a canal whose 2 long sides are orchards. After that, we cruise to a village where the sweat smell coconut candies are in the air. To satisfy your curiosity, we'll get to a village that has many small shops that make coconut candy and handcrafted items from coconut trees of Mekong Delta. You might learn that those people can amazingly make dozens of useful products out of coconut trees. Have a lunch at the restaurant in Mekong Delta.
One of the boat’s stops during this trip is at a seasonable orchard that has many different types of tasty tropical fruits for your enjoyments. You can enjoy the fruits for free while checking out the folk music that is typical to only the people in Southern Vietnam.
As your journey ends, you will return to My Tho by motorized boat and then travel to Can Tho. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 2: Can Tho - Cai Rang floating market - Tra Su - Chau Doc (B,L)
Take a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong river (Bassac River), then proceed to Cai Rang floating markets (& Phong Dien is optional), which are the liveliest in the whole religion. Have you ever tasted Vietnamese vermicelli soup? Well, now go and see how it is made. Then wander around the village and meet the friendly local people and experience how to pass a "Monkey bridge" which is built by only one stem of bamboo. Visit the orchard garden. Stop for lunch. Proceed to Chau Doc, continue the tour to visit Tra Su, getting to the wild birds Sanctuary, cruising smoothly with small boats to discover the arrays of splendid canals deep into the forest, watching storks, cranes and other tropical birds. Back to the Town, hotel check in.
Overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 3: Chau Doc – Cambodia/ Phnompenh (B)
07.00am - 07.30am departure to visit Raft village, and to learn the history of development of fishery (a type of specific economic on the river).
Then continue by boat along the canal into the village of Cham where we visit the ancient largest Mosques of Cham community in An Giang and to show a clear distinctive architecture and customs of residents here, it is shown all in Chau Phong temple .
After that, You will take boat trip to Cambodia – Phnom Penh.
- Speed boat to Phnompenh to Phnompenh with Hang Chau Express boat (Schedule 07:30 - 13:00pm)
- Transports: Air conditioner tourist bus, boat trips in Mekong delta, bicycle.
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Meals: 02 lunches, 02 breakfasts.
- 03 water bottles/person/3 days.
- Accommodation in Can Tho + Chau Doc:
- Single supplement (If you are a single person or you request a single room, you must choose single supplement part)
- Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh city
- Drinking, other Foods, Tips and Personal Expense.
- Cambodia visa
- Pick up from other streets in District 1: US$ 3.00/person.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-8 years) sharing bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate.
- With Joining group tour, we will free pick-up at Bùi Viện, Phạm Ngũ Lão, Đề Thám and surcharge for other pick up point at Lê Thánh Tôn, Lý Tự Trọng, Đồng Khởi, Nguyễn Huệ, Trương Định, Bùi Thị Xuân, Thái Văn Lung,Thi Sách như sau: 4usd/way(1-2pax)/, 6usd/way (8pax up). Other street will be advise and confirm by sales staff
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Surcharge $10/pax for Lunar New Year, Eve New year, Sep 2nd, Apr 30, May 1