Routine: My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho
Ho Chi Minh City to the Mekong Delta: Mekong Delta is also known as Vietnam's 'rice basket’-- a fertile area spreading nearly 50,000 sq km. Here the mighty Mekong river ends by splitting itself into nine major tributaries. The Vietnamese name these nine tributaries “Nine Dragons.” Here’s our schedule that is designed to help you experience local daily activities along the Mekong.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho (L)
08:00 - 08:30 AM, Pick up at your hotel & start to Mekong delta tour. On arrive in My Tho, visit Vinh Trang Pagoda. Board a wooden motor boat (20 minutes) to Unicorn Island. On this boat along the river’s bank, you’ll be passing through natural creeks, interesting fisherman's port, stilt houses (half on land, half on water).
From there, we’ll take you to a bee farm where you have a chance to taste a tasteful cup of authentic honey tea. After that we walk around quiet villages and watch the life of rural people in Mekong Delta. We are divided into many groups and get on small row boats. During this 15 minutes trip, you’ll witness all kind of interesting transportation modes that local people use to move around,
Have a lunch at noon time. You'll cruise a canal whose 2 long sides are orchards. After that, we cruise to a village where the sweat smell coconut candies are in the air. To satisfy your curiosity, we'll get to a village that has many small shops that make coconut candy and handcrafted items from coconut trees of Mekong Delta. You might learn that those people can amazingly make dozens of useful products out of coconut trees. It is indeed inseparable from the villagers' life.
One of the boat’s stops during this trip is at a seasonable orchard that has many different types of tasty tropical fruits for your enjoyments. You can enjoy the fruits for free while checking out the folk music that is typical to only the people in Southern Vietnam.
Proceed to Can Tho. Overnight in the hotel (family home-stay with dinner can be arranged on request). Free time to visit bustling Can Tho market.
Day 2: Cai Rang – Ho Chi Minh (B,L)
After breakfast, around 6:45 am, we board a boat and travel for about 40 minutes to get to our first spectacular landscape ---- Cai Rang floating market...
This is the largest of its type in the whole Mekong delta. During this visit, you'll have a chance to board a merchant boat that sells pineapples which come from Can Tho City.
After that, we continue on our riverine route for 5-7 minutes and then on foot for about 5 minutes to reach a noodle and a rice paper factories.
The next stop is a rice processing factory where you'll learn the many steps that transform "rice with a brown cover" to the delicious and beautiful rice grain that we consume daily.
The time now should be around 12 noon. Time for lunch! Let's go back to Can Tho for that.
We end our sightseeing trip at downtown Can Tho. On the way back to Ho Chi Minh by bus, we'll have a stop at an interesting point to rest and also have photographs.. Finish trip in Ho Chi Minh at 19.00 pm.
- Air conditioner tourist bus, boat trips in Mekong delta, bicycle.
- English speaking guide.
- 02 lunches , 01 breakfast.
- Accommodation As mentioned above.
- 02 water bottles /2 days
- Entrance fee.
- Single supplement (If you are a single person or you request a single room)
- Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh city
- Drinking, other Foods, Tips and Personal Expense.
- Drop off at your hotel will be added US$ 3.00/person.
- Free of charge for infant (below 3 year old) , other expense pay by parents
- 50% rate of adult for children from 3-7 year old
- 75% rate of adult for children from 8- under 10 year old
- 100% adult ticket for children over 10 year old
- Two adults bring 2 children, The 2nd child will be charged 100% adult ticket
- With Joining group tour, we will free pick-up at Bùi Viện, Phạm Ngũ Lão, Đề Thám and surcharge for other pick up point at Lê Thánh Tôn, Lý Tự Trọng, Đồng Khởi, Nguyễn Huệ, Trương Định, Bùi Thị Xuân, Thái Văn Lung,Thi Sách như sau: 4usd/way(1-2pax)/, 6usd/way (8pax up). Other street will be advise and confirm by sales staff
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Surcharge $10/pax for Lunar New Year, Eve New year, Sep 2nd, Apr 30, May 1