Route: My Tho - Ben Tre
Ho Chi Minh City to the Mekong Delta: Mekong Delta is also known as Vietnam's 'rice basket’-- a fertile area spreading nearly 50,000 sq km. Here the mighty Mekong river ends by splitting itself into nine major tributaries. The Vietnamese name these nine tributaries “Nine Dragons.” Here’s our schedule that is designed to help you experience local daily activities along the Mekong.
08:00 - 08:15AM, Pick up at your hotel, travel by shuttle bus to My Tho – 9:30 AM, board a wooden motor boat to Unicorn Island. On this boat along the river’s bank, you’ll be passing through natural creeks and quiet villages and watch rural people going to work. You will see an interesting fishermen's port,stilt houses. One of the boat’s stops during this trip is at a large orchard that has many different types of tasty tropical fruits for your enjoyments. Another boat stop is for the Turtle Island 1 hr from the previous one. Here, on a small row boat, you’ll see interesting transportation modes that local people use to move around. From there, we’ll take you to a bee farm where you have a chance to taste a tasteful cup of authentic honey tea while checking out the folk music that is typical to only the people in Southern Vietnam.
After that we’ll take you to a village where you can smell the flavor of coconut candies being made many yards away. This is a great chance to witness how village people make candy and handcrafted items from coconuts. You might learn that those people can amazingly make dozens of useful products out of coconut trees. As your journey ends, you will have two transportation options as following:
- Air-con tourist bus & 01 water bottle/person, boat trip
- English speaking tour guide,
- Entrance fees and 01 Aquafina water bottle/pax.
- 01 Lunch (standard option is not included)
- Fresh Fruit, Honey Tea
- Free Pick up and drop off at Hotel located in district 1 (as mentioned at meeting point) applied for Deluxe option only
- Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh city
- Drinking, other Foods,
- Tips and Personal Expense.
- Drop off at your hotel (in district 1 area) will be added US$ 3.00/person.
- Free of charge for infant (below 3 year old) , other expense pay by parents
- 50% rate of adult for children from 3-7 year old
- 75% rate of adult for children from 8- under 10 year old
- 100% adult ticket for children over 10 year old
- Two adults bring 2 children, The 2nd child will be charged 100% adult ticket
Big Group Tour (16pax up):
- Free pick up at Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham area (district 1). Or Meeting point at 220 De Tham around 7:45am
Small Group Tour (2-15pax)
- Free pick-up and drop of from your hotel's location on these streets (08.10am - 08.30am (please provide your hotel address and the name of hotel where you will stay at) such as De Tham St, Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao St, Lê Duẩn, Hai Bà Trưng, Thi Sách, Thái Văn Lung, Tôn Đức Thắng Mạc Đĩnh Chi, Lê Thánh Tôn, Lý Tự Trọng, Bến Thành, Nguyễn Văn Cừ Dist 1, HCMC
- Or Meeting point at 220 De Tham around 7:45am
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date
- Surcharge $5/pax for Lunar New Year, Eve New year, Sep 2nd, Apr 30, May 1