Route: Cai Be Floating Village
The Mekong Delta in southern Vietnam is a vast maze of rivers, swamps and islands, home to floating markets, pagodas and villages surrounded by rice paddies. Boats are the main means of transportation, and tours of the region often start in nearby Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) a bustling town in the heart of the delta...
DAY 1: HO CHI MINH – CAI BE (L, D)
6:30 AM : Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city. Depart for Cai Be by car/van via Trung Luong Express Highway, stopping to take photos in Tan An town overlooking the picturesque flat rice fields (Seasonally).
9:00 AM : On arrival in Cai Be, set off by motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels. Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made. Then wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
11:30 AM : Keep cruising to canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta. Arrive in Tan Phong island, the green pearl where you can immerse yourself in nature. Enjoy your cooking experience and learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes. Food cooked by yourself and fresh river food served in the heart of the garden. Relax on the hammocks to get back your energy.
14:00 PM : Cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong delta.
Meet our local guide and transfer to the island for the overnight homestay experience with the local people. After meeting your home stay hosts, you're free to walk around the house and village to explore the countryside. You will prepare your own dinner (Vietnamese dishes) with help from your host. Overnight homestay with your hospitable island hosts.
DAY 2: CAI BE FLOATING MARKET – HO CHI MINH (B, L)
After breakfast, you will be visiting Mr Ba Duc ‘s ancient house. It's one of several houses preserved in harmonious combination of two architectural styles: Vietnamese and French, whose shape is unique to the colonial period.
Today, you will also visit a rice husking mill to learn about the procedure for rice production. Mekong Delta is popular for its own unique charm. In Cai Be, a lot of materials are still hand-crafted, such as: "Cham La", the coconut leaves used to weave the roofs of homes. If you want to see how bricks are made, you'll see it here.
After lunch at a restaurant serving local cuisine, you will taking back to HCMC by Van/Bus. Trip ends in Ho Chi Minh city around 4:30 PM.
- Bus with AC transfer round trip
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Cooking Class
- Meals as mentioned
- 02 water bottles/person/2 days.
- Accommodation in Homestay
- Single supplement (If you are a single person or you request a single room)
- Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh city
- Drinking, other Foods, Tips and Personal Expense.
- Pick up from other streets in District 1: US$ 3.00/person.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-8 years) sharing bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate.
- A couple travel with 2 children, the 2nd child will be charged 100%
- With Joining group tour, we will free pick-up at De Tham St, Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao St, Le Lai St, Le Loi St, Le Thanh Ton St, Bui Thi Xuan St, Dong Khoi St, Pham Hong Thai St, Thu Khoa Huan, Nguyen An Ninh St, Cong Quynh St, Ly Tu Trong St, Dist 1, HCMC, Vietnam.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- This program is available as a group or private tour option.
- The itinerary can be flexible enough to adapt to time on private tour.
- Price is applied for group of 2 up
- Surcharge $10/pax for Lunar New Year, Eve New year, Sep 2nd, Apr 30, May 1